Supporting U.S. Business
U.S. businesses and investors may schedule a briefing on general economic conditions in Tanzania with our Economic and Commercial staff at the U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
The U.S. Embassy also offers commercial services to U.S. businesses for a fee. Our most popular services include:
- Gold Key Service. The Gold Key program provides visiting American firms with prequalified and prescreened meetings with potential overseas agents, distributors, sales representatives and strategic business partners.
This program features:
- Appointments with prescreened and prequalified Tanzanian firms
- Background and contact information on each potential partner
- In-briefing with U.S. Embassy staff
- Available market research on the relevant industry sector
- Debriefing with U.S. Embassy staff to discuss results and plan follow-up action
International Partner Search
The International Partner Search (IPS) is designed to help companies explore foreign markets and find local partners. Specifically, the IPS will identify prescreened overseas agents, distributors, manufacturer’s representatives, joint venture partners, licensees, franchisees, or strategic partners. The number of contacts depends upon market potential, but on average we will identify 5 contacts.
An IPS report includes the names and addresses, including e-mail and/or web site addresses, of prospective overseas companies or representatives, and the name and title of the key contact person(s) at each overseas company and their telephone number, fax and email addresses.
Customized Market Research
Our Customized Market Research program makes use of our vast network of industry associations, government agencies, importers, distributors, end-users, and manufacturers to provide you with information critical to your international success.
Customized Research Reports Help
- Gauge sales potential in an overseas market
- Choose the best new markets for your product or service
- Establish effective selling and distribution strategies in specific markets
- Find the best channels for getting your product to market
- Discover what factors influence potential customers the most
- Identify your competitors
- Overcome potential market impediments, including quotas, duties, and regulations
- Obtain the pricing of comparable products
Please contact us for more information on the commercial services we offer.